Monday, April 16, 2007

Music

A diversity of friends means a diversity of musical tastes, and I rather like that. So here (without consulting them) are some friendly favorites:

My friend Peter likes Orishas, a Cuban rap group that is really quite musically diverse.

My friend Stephen likes Carla Bruni, a French jazzy-type singer with great song-writing skills.

My friend Scott likes Christian Forshaw, a great saxophonist who integrates choral works with his creative instrumentation.

My friends Justin and Erika like Regina Spektor, a great lyricist with a unique voice: the song "Samson" is worth pondering.

My friend Ellis likes (or at least used to) Blessid Union of Souls, a band with clever (if sometimes depressing) lyrical rock ballads.

My sister Tami likes the Magnetic Fields, an old-school sounding band with very melodic and memorable tunes.

No comments: